Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enemies with weapons in requiem ABS
RPG Maker VX Community > RPG Maker VX > RPG Maker VX Support / Help
robbieagray
So In part of my game I want to introduce enemy soldiers that use weapons from the weapon database (this includes guns). So how do I do that with the requiem ABS style game. I know you can use what weapon the enemy uses from the iconset but that isn't what I want.

I want to be able to give an enemy a rifle that he could use just like I would. If anyone knows how to do this in Requiem ABS (I use version 8) then please post here as any info you provide will be very much appreciated. And if I need to make an event that acts like an enemy (not usre how to do that either) then let me know. Thank you.
robbieagray
Sorry but since I would kind of like atleast an answer for this I am going to 'bump' it (hope I am doing this right).
robbieagray
Bump...
Kovu
You can probably use a switch. So when its tme to change the enemies weapon, Self Switch A.

Enemy 2
Follow
Boss
etc

IF you want one for the Area enemies then that will be a bit hard.
robbieagray
QUOTE (Kovu @ May 7 2011, 02:53 PM) *
IF you want one for the Area enemies then that will be a bit hard.

Yeah I know but since I couldn't find anything on it I figured I would ask if anyone knew how to do it with area enemies.

Unless there is a way of giving the enemy that appropriate states from the enemy section while being an event on the field. If that were the case then it would be a much easier method. smile.gif
Revival
I myself found the obvious way to create a weapon icon for the enemy, however as it stands now I think the only way to give them ranged weapons like guns, or weapons with abilities (poison, paralyze, etc.) is to create them as skills instead... for example make a non elemental ranged spell with 0 delay and no MP cost and low damage, give it to enemy (take away the attack command from the enemy) and voila, the enemy attacks with a chain gun.
robbieagray
QUOTE (Revival @ May 10 2012, 01:04 PM) *
I myself found the obvious way to create a weapon icon for the enemy, however as it stands now I think the only way to give them ranged weapons like guns, or weapons with abilities (poison, paralyze, etc.) is to create them as skills instead... for example make a non elemental ranged spell with 0 delay and no MP cost and low damage, give it to enemy (take away the attack command from the enemy) and voila, the enemy attacks with a chain gun.

Wow I haven't been on this post for a long time. I was curtain that no one was going to look at it. Thanks Revival, I'll try to do use this skill idea you mentioned. laugh.gif

And the delay would make the gun fire slower if lengthened right?
Revival
QUOTE (robbieagray @ May 10 2012, 11:40 PM) *
Wow I haven't been on this post for a long time. I was curtain that no one was going to look at it. Thanks Revival, I'll try to do use this skill idea you mentioned. laugh.gif

And the delay would make the gun fire slower if lengthened right?

Exactly, more delay, slower fire... I found it was the only way to make enemies with ranged "weapons" unfortunately it doesn't show ammo like it does for your main character, but it does still work, I especially like the low delay because the faster the enemy fires, the harder it is to move out of their line of fire, so on big bosses if you put a heavy chain gun it can be absolutely brutal, and sorry if I necroposted lol I didn't even realize the date, I was directed to the topic from your profile page since it said it was currently important topic. Other than that there's always the basic weapon icon function, but that doesn't actually equip the weapon on the monster, just the icon :/
robbieagray
Now when you are talking about the delay you mean the speed right?
Revival
QUOTE (robbieagray @ May 11 2012, 01:58 AM) *
Now when you are talking about the delay you mean the speed right?

delay means the frames that occur between shots, if you delay is set to 60 it means 1 seconds will pass between each shot, (one second = 60 frames) so if you set it to say, 30, then you could fire twice per second. 0 means you can shoot as fast as you press the button, when an enemy has 0 set they attack like a machine gun, no breaks in between fire.
robbieagray
QUOTE (Revival @ May 10 2012, 07:08 PM) *
delay means the frames that occur between shots, if you delay is set to 60 it means 1 seconds will pass between each shot, (one second = 60 frames) so if you set it to say, 30, then you could fire twice per second. 0 means you can shoot as fast as you press the button, when an enemy has 0 set they attack like a machine gun, no breaks in between fire.

Oh! You talking about the delay that you put in under the notes! laugh.gif

Do you use any animations with it?
Revival
QUOTE (robbieagray @ May 11 2012, 02:14 AM) *
Oh! You talking about the delay that you put in under the notes! laugh.gif

Do you use any animations with it?

Yes delay is for the notes area, like weapons tongue.gif

You can use animations with it as well, though depending on how any frames the animation is,(you can also use the typical ammo graphics) it can become laggy, I recommend animations that are only 3-5 frames for optimal performance and less lag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.