Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yanfly Scripts Listing
RPG Maker VX Community > RGSS2/Ruby Scripting > Complete RGSS2 Scripts
Pages: 1, 2
Mr. Bubble
Go here: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/

Spoiler:
This is the Yanfly Engine script listing. Here, you can find the scripts for YERD (Yanfly Engine ReDux - Generation I), YEZ (Yanfly Engine Zealous - Generation II), and YEM (Yanfly Engine Melody - Generation III).

Before diving in, you must always remember to read the comments in the scripts that you choose to use. Since the Pockethouse Wiki is gone, the organized documentation it had held is now gone. Each script is still thoroughly commented, however, so read carefully on how to use them effectively.

Caution: Script Redundancy
It is recommended that you pick one generation of scripts stick with it, though, YEM versions are recommended above all else since it is the latest Yanfly Engine script generation. YEM is the 3rd generation (newest), YEZ is the 2nd generation, and YERD is the 1st generation (oldest). For example, there exists a Victory Aftermath in each generation so you only want to pick one (again, preferably the latest iteration).

Caution: Cross-Generation Script Usage
If, for example, a script exists in an older generation, but not in YEM -- such as the Job System scripts in YEZ -- then it is likely okay to use it. Keep in mind, however, that each Yanfly script generation is designed for optimum compatibility within its own generation. Cross-generational compatibility issues may occur.

YEM - Yanfly Engine Melody
Generation III

YEM is the latest and last generation of scripts made by Yanfly. This generation introduced Battle Engine Melody. 1.00m is the last version released to the public by Yanfly.

Download: Click to view attachment

A person named Ryuko was kind enough to PM me .htm pages he saved from the now defunct Pockethouse Wiki. He tells me that he did not save all of the pages, but did get most of them.

DISCLAIMER: When you open the .htm files, keep in mind that none of the links within them work. You will need to open each .htm file individually to look at them. Otherwise, the saved pages contain the entirety of the Battle Engine Melody manual and other YEM manuals. Also, practically all information found in these archives can also be found within the comments of the scripts themselves.

Yanfly Engine Core
  • YEM Core Fixes and Upgrades
  • YEM Restored Functions
  • YEM Custom Message Melody
  • YEM Equipment Overhaul
  • YEM Extended Movement
  • YEM Item Overhaul
  • YEM Main Menu Melody

Yanfly Engine Battle
  • YEM Battle Engine Melody I
  • YEM Battle Engine Melody II
  • YEM Battle Engine Melody III
  • YEM Battle Engine Melody IV
  • YEM Battle Engine Melody V
  • YEM Enemy Levels
  • YEM New Battle Stats

Yanfly Engine Menu
  • YEM System Game Options
  • YEM Victory Aftermath
  • YEM Victory Compatibility

Yanfly Engine System
  • YEM Skill Equip System
  • YEM Skill Fusion System
  • YEM Skill Level System

Yanfly Engine Utility
  • YEM Controlled Encounter Rate
  • YEM Debug Menu Extension
  • YEM Keyboard Input
  • YEM Iconview Melody
  • YEM Party Influenced Music
  • YEM Snapshot Battle Back
  • YEM Swap Random Monster
  • YEM Icon Module Library

Yanfly Engine WIP
  • Any script listed within the Work In Progress section is not required to be installed in any project as they essentially do nothing when installed.

YEZ - Yanfly Engine Zealous
Generation II

In this generation, Yanfly focused enhancing VX's default battle system. Before using a YEZ script, make sure there is (or isn't) an updated version of the same script in the YEM script generation.

Yanfly Engine Core
  • YEZ Core Fixes and Upgrades
  • YEZ Restored Functions
  • YEZ Battle Engine Zealous
  • YEZ Custom Message System
  • YEZ Equipment Overhaul
  • YEZ Extended Movement
  • YEZ Main Menu Zealous
  • YEZ Skill Command Selection
  • YEZ Status Command Menu

Yanfly Engine Battles
  • YEZ Aggro and AI
  • YEZBEZ Formation Macros
  • YEZ Custom Skill Effects
  • YEZ Custom Status Properties
  • YEZ Custom Target Options
  • YEZ Elemental Status Affinity
  • YEZ Enemy Levels
  • YEZ Variable Backdrops
  • YEZ Weapon Mastery Skills

Yanfly Engine Character
  • YEZ Battler Stat: DEX
  • YEZ Battler Stat: RES
  • YEZ Battler Stat: DUR
  • YEZ Battler Stat: LUK
  • YEZ Job System: Base
  • YEZ Job System: Classes
  • YEZ Job System: Passives
  • YEZ Job System: Skill Levels

Yanfly Engine Menu
  • YEZ CG Gallery
  • YEZ Debug Menu Extension
  • YEZ Enemy Scan Query
  • YEZ Menu System Options
  • YEZ Party Selection System
  • YEZ Victory Aftermath
  • YEZ Victory Compatibility

YERD - Yanfly Engine ReDux
Generation I

When Yanfly ended the YERD generation of scripts, he uploaded a zip file containing all YERD scripts within each of their own txt files. While there is a significant number of scripts unique in the YERD generation, check to make sure there is (or isn't) an updated version of the same script within YEZ or YEM.

• YERD Actor Item Synthesis
  • YERD Animation Fix*
  • YERD Battler Stat Barehand
  • YERD Battler Stat Morale
  • YERD Battler Stat Aggro
  • YERD Bitmap Fix*
  • YERD Common Event Menu
  • YERD Common Event Shop
  • YERD Custom Battle Actions
  • YERD Custom Damage Formula
  • YERD Custom Elemental Affinity
  • YERD Custom Item Abilities
  • YERD Custom Message System
  • YERD Custom Skill Effects
  • YERD Custom Status Properties
  • YERD Custom Target Select
  • YERD Custom Turn Order
  • YERD Debug Shortcuts
  • YERD Display Flipped Picture
  • YERD Display Item Query
  • YERD Display Party Data
  • YERD Display Party Data 2.0
  • YERD Display Scanned Enemy
  • YERD Display Skill Query
  • YERD Display Victory Aftermath
  • YERD Victory Aftermath Extra Page - Gain JP
  • YERD Enemy Level Control
  • YERD Enemy Reappear Fix*
  • YERD Equip Skill Slots
  • YERD Event Chase Player
  • YERD Extra Equipment Options
  • YERD Icon Reference Library
  • YERD Iconview
  • YERD Interface Fix*
  • YERD Extended Equip Scene
  • YERD Menu System Options
  • YERD On Screen Status
  • YERD Party Influenced Music
  • YERD Scene Battle Redux
  • YERD Scene Menu Redux
  • YERD Scene Shop Redux
  • YERD Scene Status Redux
  • YERD Shown Skills Fix*
  • YERD State Resist Fix*
  • YERD Stop All Movement
  • YERD Subclass Selection System
  • YERD Swap Dummy Animations
  • YERD Swap Dummy Face
  • YERD Swap Dummy Monster
  • YERD Swap Dummy Sprite
  • YERD Turn Order Fix*
  • YERD Usable Item Fix*
  • YERD Variable Controlled Backdrops
  • YERD Variable Controlled Dash
  • YERD Variable Controlled Discounts
  • YERD Variable Controlled Encounters

* - YERD scripts that fixed inherent bugs in VX were all conveniently put together in the newer generation scripts named YEM/YEZ Core Fixes and Upgrades. I recommended that you use YEM Core Fixes and Upgrades instead of installing the YERD fix scripts individually.

Shanghai Simple Script [SSS] and other Pockethouse Wiki Scripts

New links to Shanghai's scripts and other Pockethouse authors can be found at RMRK: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,42396.0.html

FAQ

I'm using the script Victory Aftermath and I get an error at the end of battle. How do I fix it?

Spoiler:

How to fix it:

Go into your Database -> Common Events tab. At the bottom left corner, there's a button that says "Change Maximum". Change the maximum number of common events to 100. This will prevent the error.

Technical reason why this happens:

Victory Aftermath end-of-battle messages are determined by Common Events. By default, the Victory Aftermath scripts reserve Common Events 20~28 for the default actor victory quotes. Keep in mind that when users create a new VX project, the default number of Common Events in the database is 10. When users install the Victory Aftermath script into their own fresh project, more often than not, they do not realize they have to increase the number of Common Event slots to accommodate the default reserved Common Event IDs in the script (alternatively, users themselves can change what Common Event IDs are referenced). When the battle ends, the script tries to reference a Common Event that doesn't exist which, in turn, causes an error to pop up.

Unfortunately, the majority of script users are dumb and do not edit the script to their project's needs, let alone read the comments in them. The following is an excerpt from the Victory Aftermath script that reserves these Common Event IDs and assigns them to Actor IDs. You can, of course, edit it to your own preference.

CODE
module YEM::VICTORY

# If this is enabled, victory quotes will occur instead of the typical
  # battle end messages.
  ENABLE_QUOTES = true

# The following hash determines which common event ID's are bound to which
  # actors when their victory quotes are to be launched.
  ACTOR_QUOTES ={ # Actor 0 is the actor used for unlisted actors.
  # ActorID => Common Event ID
          0 => 20,  # Common Victory Quotes
          1 => 21,  # Ralph's Victory Quotes
          2 => 22,  # Ulrika's Victory Quotes
          3 => 23,  # Bennett's Victory Quotes
          4 => 24,  # Ylva's Victory Quotes
          5 => 25,  # Lawrence's Victory Quotes
          6 => 26,  # Oscar's Victory Quotes
          7 => 27,  # Vera's Victory Quotes
          8 => 28,  # Elmer's Victory Quotes
  } # Do not remove this.

end # YEM::VICTORY

What happened to Raukue's KGC+YanflyPLUS Base Demo?
Spoiler:
His demo has been removed for many reasons.

Raukue had not updated his demo in two years.
Many of the scripts listed in his demo are outdated.
YERD is the oldest generation of Yanfly Engine scripts.
It gave out the negative impression that compiling 100+ scripts together makes for a good game.
Despite being made for newbie developers, it was, in fact, not newbie friendly.
For the past two years, users have been reporting a multitude of errors involving the monstrosity that was Raukue's KGC+YanflyPLUS Base Demo.

Also, modern algebra said it best:

QUOTE (modern algebra @ Jun 24 2011, 12:57 PM) *
A game that's just a huge random script dump isn't very much fun - you should choose your scripts depending on the game you want to make, not the other way around.

Where can I find the non-Yanfly scripts that were in Raukue's KGC+YanflyPLUS Base Demo? (Mithran, modern algebra, Wora, KGC)
Spoiler:

Mithran's script listing can be found in his signature: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showuser=15043

modern algebra's scripts can be found at RMRK: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31844.0.html

Woratana's scripts can be found its own topic that's stickied in the scripts forum: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=7797

KGC scripts can be found in here: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=47218

You can use this topic to discuss any of the Yanfly Engine scripts. If there is anything you feel that should be added in the first post, let me know by posting in this topic.
Mr. Bubble
This topic has been updated to list all Yanfly Engine scripts. You can use this topic to discuss anything Yanfly Engine related.
M3lk0r
Mr. Bubble I've a question for you: This battle system can be adapted for...let's say a question-answer battle?

I'll try to explain this, assume you are in a classroom, when the teacher ask you to fill any word who's missing an s or an i or an m, somethign like that, your brain process the question an answer back right or wrong but always answer back, that's what I'm trying to do, depending on the question of the battler the character must choose between 3 options for the right answer and if he doesn't answer well then the battler attack is performed so the battle will be short or long depending on your knowledge. Can this be done with this battle system. Sorry for the complicated explanation or if my question doesn't belong to this thread. Hope you answer soon. Have a great day.
Mr. Bubble
QUOTE (M3lk0r @ Jul 6 2011, 07:22 AM) *
Mr. Bubble I've a question for you: This battle system can be adapted for...let's say a question-answer battle?

I'll try to explain this, assume you are in a classroom, when the teacher ask you to fill any word who's missing an s or an i or an m, somethign like that, your brain process the question an answer back right or wrong but always answer back, that's what I'm trying to do, depending on the question of the battler the character must choose between 3 options for the right answer and if he doesn't answer well then the battler attack is performed so the battle will be short or long depending on your knowledge. Can this be done with this battle system. Sorry for the complicated explanation or if my question doesn't belong to this thread. Hope you answer soon. Have a great day.

You can probably just use common events with choice branches. Run a common event at the beginning of the battle through a battle event and event the battle from there.
M3lk0r
I'm not following that. can you explain a little more, maybe by PM so we can leave this thread for other people to talk about this great Battle system.
Mr. Bubble
You were talking about BEM?

You can use the Show Choices event command either as in a battle event or a common event. You can event it as you would a normal event on the map.
M3lk0r
So what you are telling me is to create en event with choices if player answer well then battle begins with player striking first, else battle begins and the player lose, let's say, for example 25% HP? that's what you are talking about right. IF this is what you were talking then this can be done with any battle system, Sideview Takentai or Yanfly's right?
Mr. Bubble
QUOTE (M3lk0r @ Jul 8 2011, 05:12 AM) *
So what you are telling me is to create en event with choices if player answer well then battle begins with player striking first, else battle begins and the player lose, let's say, for example 25% HP? that's what you are talking about right. IF this is what you were talking then this can be done with any battle system, Sideview Takentai or Yanfly's right?

I really think you should learn how conditional branches and player choice boxes work: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=5704
GuitaristWill
hey i just downloaded the YEM and i got a quick question, does this support animated battlers similar to tankentai? i mean, can i use character sprite sheets, and use a note tag or something to make it animated? i only glanced through the scripts and i didn't see anything in there for that
Mr. Bubble
QUOTE (GuitaristWill @ Jul 10 2011, 08:16 AM) *
hey i just downloaded this and i got a quick question, does this support animated battlers similar to tankentai? i mean, can i use character sprite sheets, and use a note tag or something to make it animated? i only glanced through the scripts and i didn't see anything in there for that

Yes. There's multiple ways it supports animated battlers. You simply have to read and learn.
GuitaristWill
okay. thanks for that. which scripts explain it though? just curious
Seppie
I'm curious. Did Yanfly base his YEM Battle Engine off of the Tankentai SBS? They look similar.
Mr. Bubble
QUOTE (Seppie @ Jul 17 2011, 09:45 AM) *
I'm curious. Did Yanfly base his YEM Battle Engine off of the Tankentai SBS? They look similar.

Nope. It was made from scratch.
asforever
Hei people.

I have a problem i would realy apriciate if someone culd help me out.

Im trying to use Yez victory aftermath script and when i kill monsters and aftermath begins i get this error:

script' Game_troop' line 170: nomethod error occured

undefined method ' list' for nil.nilclass

Im using 3 generation of YEM scripts and other things works perefectly.

i would realy like to use this script but i cant make it work pls someone help.

tnx in advance and hf
asforever
well gues noone have time to deal with this.
guess i wont have this in my game sad.gif

tnx anway
Zakkie
Just try the YEM-Version which should work better.
asforever
I am using Yem i have eddited the post. sry bout that ...
Zakkie
I've checked the line 170..

CODE
@interpreter.setup(common_event.list)

Looks like you might using something with common events in your game which causes the troubles?
asforever
well i have only 1 common event in the game and thats a key 4 treasure chest...

ill try to delete that... and see what is going to happen ..

nop. i deleted that event and its still the same sad.gif

i also created completly new project pasted into the scripts only
YEM BATTLE ENGINE MELODY from 1 to 5 and Aftermath scripts and its still the same sad.gif
Mr. Bubble
asforever, how many common event slots do you have in your project? The default 10? It's likely the Victory Aftermath script is trying to reference a common event index that doesn't exist.

Go into your Database -> Common Events tab. At the bottom left corner, there's a button that says "Change Maximum". Change the maximum number of common events to 100.

You really need to read the comments in the scripts you choose to use.
asforever
Yea ur right i missed that banghead.gif . But tnx its working now.
-DarkJester-
Hello there, I've got a quick question about a problem I'm having. I'm currently using Yanfly Engine Melody and for the most part I've got everything working the way I'd like, but I've hit a snag with some custom enemies. I've set up a generic "soldier" enemy, and given it a troop. The problem I'm having is that the enemy is a lot more powerful then I'd like, and tweaking it's stats doesn't seem to do anything at all. It seems that no matter what I tweak the stats to it reads as a "Level 11 enemy" in the actual battle, and packs quite a punch.

Now I know YEM has the Enemy Levels script but I've actually taken that out because I didn't want to use it. I'm just wondering if that is where my problem lies? Do I need to re-add it and tweak something in there? I don't really have a decent amount of scripting knowledge, just enough to get by with instruction, I just think my problem at the moment is I don't know where exactly I should be looking for what needs to be tweaked.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Mr. Bubble
Are you still testing through battle test? You need to save your project before going into battle test. None of the changes you make in the script editor will take effect until you do save.

It's likely the enemy levels script, but your project still has the script in memory for battle test.
-DarkJester-
QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Jul 21 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Are you still testing through battle test? You need to save your project before going into battle test. None of the changes you make in the script editor will take effect until you do save.

It's likely the enemy levels script, but your project still has the script in memory for battle test.

Nah, wasn't using battle test. I was at first, but then when it first started acting up I went in to the actual game and through everything to make sure it was running smoothly, and still had the same problem.
Mr. Bubble
You'll just have to delete your scripts one by one until something changes.
-DarkJester-
QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Jul 21 2011, 05:44 PM) *
You'll just have to delete your scripts one by one until something changes.

I was afraid of that. Today has not been a productive game day >.<
Thanks, though.
Mr. Bubble
Or you can read the comments in the scripts you're actually using. There's no reason to use a script if you don't even know what it does in the first place.
-DarkJester-
QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Jul 21 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Or you can read the comments in the scripts you're actually using. There's no reason to use a script if you don't even know what it does in the first place.

You're right, my mistake was assuming that it would be too complicated for me to figure out, though. I sort of jumped to the conclusion that the stuff in the Enemy Levels script would be beyond me. Suffice to say, I fixed my problem.

I've hit another one though. Both testing through the battle tester and through the actual game were working until just a moment ago I got this error:

I have read the comments here but they don't offer much more then a title for the section of code. This is also past the "Editing anything past this point may result in..." comment, so I didn't want to touch anything before asking for help.

Mr. Bubble
There's two possible reasons for that error:

-You pasted YEM Enemy Levels into your script editor twice
-Script incompatibility
-DarkJester-
QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Jul 21 2011, 11:56 PM) *
There's two possible reasons for that error:

-You pasted YEM Enemy Levels into your script editor twice
-Script incompatibility

I believe it was likely incompatibility, as I've removed all other scripts and started clean and the problem has (for the moment at least) ceased.
Thank you again for the help.
Spitfire71
So...I'm using YEZ (yeah, I know...but I use custom sprites and going through the trouble of making battlers for each of them is a pain). And...I'm having issues with the battle system.

I was just setting up a dummy battle with some slimes to make sure the basic weapon skills were working correctly...and the damage spread I'm getting is, frankly, ridiculous - on both sides. On a single attack, I've had one of those slimes hit me for 16, and then on the next hit, boom, 128 damage. And it's not even a critical hit. I want variance in the damage spreads, but when they get to be that wide, it would make even the most simple battles a matter of more luck than skill in the beginning. Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this? I've got the entire pack of scripts in YEZ, and I noticed it in the YEZ Demo, too.
Dragon Mage2011
Thanks for the link!
SweetyGirly
Hello guys i have a Problem with Yem Melody battle system. I get always an Stack lvl to deep when killing all enemys. The battle cant be finished. I think that one of my scripts im using is causing this but i dont know which one. Please check my spoiler and hope someone can help me thanks >.<

Sometimes i even get an actor 2 sword style stack lvl to deep but i dont even use 2 swords o.O
Seppie
I'm using the Yanfly Engine Melody Victory Aftermath script, and I'm having some trouble. I get the following error. The error occurs right after battle.

CODE
Script 'YEM Victory Aftermath' line 1040: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'visible=' for nil:NilClass

I don't understand what has gone wrong. It was working fine yesterday, and I haven't added/removed/edited any scripts.
Mr. Bubble
QUOTE (Seppie @ Aug 4 2011, 07:47 AM) *
I'm using the Yanfly Engine Melody Victory Aftermath script, and I'm having some trouble. I get the following error. The error occurs right after battle.

CODE
Script 'YEM Victory Aftermath' line 1040: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'visible=' for nil:NilClass

I don't understand what has gone wrong. It was working fine yesterday, and I haven't added/removed/edited any scripts.

It helps to post what it says on the line.

CODE
    @top_window.visible = true

@top_window isn't being initialized before being used. This can be caused by incompatibility between scripts (another script overwriting the method where @top_window is initialized). If you can figure out which scripts they are, I'd imagine that it'd be easy to make a compatibility fix. Shifting the priority of the scripts in your script list may possibly help.

As a temporary measure, you can just set SHOW_LEVEL_WINDOWS = false in the Victory Aftermath settings.
Seppie
I found the culprit. It's the Item Pop-Up script by OriginalWij.

Man, that sucks.. that was a good script, too.

Thanks, Mr Bubble.

EDIT:
Putting the Item Popup above the Victory Aftermath fixed it. Thanks.
Philacus
Having a bit of trouble with the ATS 3.0 and the III generation Yanfly System Options... They don't seem to swap the windows, for the other.
Seaniner
I'm using the New Battle Stats script, and I've noticed the new stats don't update if they're changed in battle, and they don't seem to change at all unless they're observed in a status screen. This means that you can't use the tags to make stat altering States in battle.

I've been testing it, and it appears that if you use States to change RES or DEX, the stats will change if you check the status screen, but they won't update in battle. I was testing resistance using a purely Spirit-powered attack with no variance, and an event to check the stats directly in the middle of battle, and they don't change at all from their original values.

It gets weird though. If I use the states outside of a battle, then enter a battle, the stat will still remain at its original value, unless I check the status screen first. If I check the status screen, the stat will show that it has changed, and if I then enter a battle the stat will be at its correct value. But if the State is removed, the stat will still stay at its altered value until I check the status screen. This means you can keep the altered stat across multiple battles, as long as you don't look at the status screen.

Other methods of changing the new stats, by using an item to increase the stat, or changing equipment, also fail to work unless it's observed. If you increase the base stat with an item from the menu, but enter a battle before checking your stats, it won't take affect. The stat will still exist (if you raise a stat twice before checking, you'll still get the increases for both times), but it won't change until you check your status (interestingly, checking with a variable outside of a battle will make it update, but not during a battle).

This problem occurs even if the script is inserted into a fresh project, so it's not conflicting with anything. Although I've noticed that it does work properly in the Melody demo. I wonder if it's because of the massive menu and battle overhauls. I was under the assumption it could be used as a standalone script (I got it off the wiki, way back when), and it doesn't say that you needed to use the other scripts to use that one.

I've just tried the YEZ Battler Stat: RES script, and for now it seems like it doesn't have the same problem. I didn't want to use an older version because I thought it would be missing some things, but I think I might stick with that for now. Still, if anyone can figure out what the problem with the latest script is, I think that would be very helpful.
Gemsteam
Hi, I'm pretty new at this, but I need help.
How do you keep random encounters on one song?
theTru3n00b
I think I'm starting to like this more than Tankentai. That was a little bit too complicated. But now a question:

With Tankentai SBS, you could easily give certain enemies special collapses (flash of white, shake down). How would I go about doing this in Melody?

As for:

QUOTE (Gemsteam @ Aug 18 2011, 06:41 PM) *
Hi, I'm pretty new at this, but I need help.
How do you keep random encounters on one song?

Look in " YEM Party Influenced Music "
VXPioneer
I'm trying to do the Active Time Battle System this has to offer in the Battle Enging melody. How to I make it work?
kumoriko
Hello script help world again. I am having a bit of difficulty with the Melody Skill Overhaul and Victory Aftermath. In the aftermath it is set to play victory quotes, which is working fine. Except it's not displaying the JPs quote and my characters are earning JPs in the battles. I copied the common event victory quotes right from melody and it has the quotes for earning JPs in there. Absolutely everything else is working fine. I've read the victory quote code, and it looks like it's simply suppose to trigger automatically following what's set in the common events. Granted, I'm not a scripter. Is there some value somewhere I need to set to true? And if this is mentioned in the comments, in any of Melody's scripts, please let me know so I can bash my head against the wall? I have searched backwards and forwards for it.

The only thing I can think of is in the common events when it's checking conditional branches that, for what ever reason, the game doesn't think JPs have been earned; therefore when the game runs through the common event it runs across that part that displays JPs earn, doesn't think JPs have been earned and therefore skips to the next item.

And as a note. It's exactly the same in the Melody demo. JPs don't display in the Melody demo either, and they are being earned.
Hyomoto
In case anyone is around who knows I have a question about YEM; the skill level script is empty. If this is the last 'public' release of YEM, I take it that means he never released this script, (or possibly even completed it). Is there anyone who actually recieved this script?

Also, I found/fixed an error in YEM Skill Fusion System causing the following:

Script 'YEM Skill Fusion System' line 657: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'active=' for nil:NilClass

Fix: open YEM Skill Fusion System
Spoiler:
CODE
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # create_command_window
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def create_command_window
    array = []
    array.push(YEM::SKILL_FUSION::VOCAB[:fusion])
    array.push(YEM::SKILL_FUSION::VOCAB[:exit])
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(Graphics.width-160, array, array.size)
    @command_window.y = @help_window.height
    update_command_window
  end

Delete or comment out update_command_window. It's causing the window to be updated(and your input) before the entire scene is built.
pikakapi
I find the tags in the equipment overhaul(Melody one) didn't work:

<require above: stat x>, <require under: stat x>
<require variable x: above y>, <require variable x: under y>

I even tried all stats of the first two tags, and none of them works.
Although the <require switch: x> one works, it grayed out the applied equipment.
Since Yanfly was not here, do anyone can fix these tags, to be working exactly as the <require switch: x> one?
Digioso
I have a strange bug as well I cannot explain myself.
I am using the YEM Item Overhaul script and for whatever reason everytime I open the item menu it adds one of whatever has Armor-ID 30 (Standard Sage's Ring, i renamed it to something else, too because I thought that maybe the ' could cause problems) to the inventory.

In the Melody Demo the script works fine and I even tested this script on my game without having any other scripts.

My workaround was deleteing the name of ID 30. The Item Overhaul script checks if the item names are empty and skips displaying them in this case.
SweetyGirly
Hello guys i have a problem with YEM Equipment Overhaul I'm using YEM Battle Engine Melody and realy need to use the script Yanfly Engine RD - Extra Equipment Options ReDONE. But when I'm using them i get this error by trying to equip the Items where i put in increase max hp or something. Please help i realy badly need this to be compatible... Oh and check the scrips I'm using by clicking my my spoiler below my profile picture. Maybe is one of these scripts not allowing me to use these scripts thanks

markcung
Is there any tutorial how to create skill with yanfly?
Please... I search at this site and I found nothing, and same with youtube.
I seek at their wordpress but nothing
brugumizzu
Hi! Do you know how to change the battle's graphic in Yanfly Engine? I mean, how can I change enemy and actor's hp's position? Thanks a lot!
ShinGamix
I don't see anything about YE6 here or any of his new stuff so here you go.
Does anyone here know that Yanfly Engine 6 is out and Yanfly Money Hospital is a script like Disgaea's Hospital System.
Also he has finally started his own project called !-Generation: Overzeal. If you didn't you should check them out. Lastly, he has started working on Yanfly Engine 7 intended for RPG Maker VX Ace.

@markcung I think someone here has a Melody skill shop. Use search feature.

@brugumizzu I just go into my database and do it from my troops tab. I think character graphics can be changed using the note-tags.
It may be different for you if your not using the same version as me.

If I had scripting knowledge I'd help the rest of you, but I know very little about Ruby/RGSS2 Scripting.
kaffeepadd
Hi,

first of all: awesome script. But now some question got in my mind. When I test battles, the enemies are way to strong. I tried to create some low-lvl fights, but the enemy always pwns my ass. :$ Even if I set every stat to 1, still I get massively owned.

I don't have that much scripting experience, is this set like that in the scripts? :$ I really don't know.

And second question: What is the "Camp" function? I tried and searched for it - but, no answer.

-regards

(sry for being a total noob. laugh.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.