Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eternal Bond : Chains of Fate
RPG Maker VX Community > RPG Maker VX > Project Development > Early Project Feedback
Anderson88

I'm creating a game called Eternal Bond : Chains of Fate. I've scratched my old project, my new one will look better!

A peek at Corise, the first village! I'm using NightWalker's RTP Edits! Aren't those tiles just beautiful?
I really loved Final Fantasy I's Pravoka. XD

I've learned how to make a basement from Mount Revenant! XD (Be sure to check that out.)

Not too sure what I was making here... XD

Not resting at the inn. XD

More screens coming soon!

CODE
Sept. 10 - Version 1.0 released!
Oct. 8 - Restarted project. Refreshed characters!

World and History

When humans were born, they were watched over by Enforcers, great beings of mystical powers, even making pacts with most humans, until the humans misused their power. Since then, the Enforcers would choose one human with the willpower in them every ten years to become a summoner.

Story
Spoiler:

Long ago, there was an evil order of people known as the "Scourge". The Scourge captured Enforcers, and sapped their pure essence called Solis, and are attempting to cause the Reforming.

The Reforming
Spoiler:

When the core of a planet is overloaded with Solis, the planet is recreated with the destroyer's will.

The Prophecy
Spoiler:

"Two souls, one hero, one sacrifice."
The ancient prophecy that is arousing much curiosity within Edenia, the undiscovered realm of the Enforcers.

Characters
Spoiler:

- Age 15. Element - Darkness
Reyson - The main protagonist in the game. He is adept at dark magic.
Class - Apprentice - Dark Magus - Soul Invoker - Necromancer
Weapon(s) - Tome
"I'm not allowed in here..."

- Age 16. Element - Light
Lyn - The second main protagonist in the game. Reyson's sister, adept at supportive magic.
Class - Battle Mage - Demiknight - Omniknight - Valkyrie
Weapon(s) - Whip (Sword at 4th class)

- Age 14. Element - Water
Mika - She is from a rich family from Arcania, but her family has, for some reason, decided to live in Arcia.
Class - Apprentice - Evoker - Conjurer - Summoner
Weapon(s) - Orb

- Age 18. Element - Fire
Irving - A stubborn and courageous person, he never stops training his swordfighting skills. It's hard to understand what he's actually thinking, but it's easy to befriend him.
Class - Swordfighter - Swordmaster - Sword Legend - Champion
Weapon(s) - Sword

- Age 21. Element - Earth
Leon - A warrior who won't hesitate to help anyone in need.
Class - Fighter - Warrior - Crusader - Berserker
Weapon(s) - Axe (Crossbow at 2nd class and up)
"You two like exploring, correct?"

- Age 17. Element - Thunder
Marcia - Leon's sister. She can somehow use magic.
Class - Apprentice - Elementalist - Sorceress - Spirit Charmer
Weapon(s) - Rod, Staff
"What?! No way!"

- Age 13. Element - Ice
Celice - A stubborn girl who is surprisingly powerful.
Class - Monk - Brawler - Striker - Templar
Weapon - None

- Age 18. Element - Wind
Kent - A fast and deadly thief that steals from the rich and gives to the poor.
Class - Thief - Rogue - Assassin - Ninja
Weapon(s) - Dagger, Knife (Katana at 4th class)
"Hah, another snobby noble to pilfer!"

- Age 18. Element - Wind
Aleria - Masterful archer that can enhance her arrows with magical powers.
Class - Archer - Sniper - Marksman - Enchantress
Weapon(s) - Bow (Throwing Weapons at 3rd class and up)
"I told you to wait for my signal!"

- Age 13. Element - Darkness
Natori - Celice's best friend, she uses devastating techniques to delete her enemies.
Class - Hunter - Warden - Viper - Slayer
Weapon(s) - None

Mist
Mist is a substance that flows high in the sky. It is the thing that creates monsters ; Mist can be commonly found in caves, forests, and on mountains. When night falls, Mist falls with it, and it is dangerous to be travelling.

Scripts
Spoiler:

Final Fantasy IX Menu - BigEd781
Final Fantasy IX Save - BigEd781
Party Expansion & Formation - KGC_LargeParty - Mr. Anonymous
Scroll Description Text
*NMS 3 - Woratana
YERD_VictoryAftermath - Yanfly
SBS General Settings
SBS Battler Configuration (K)
Sideview 1 (3.4d)
Sideview 2 (3.4d)

ATB Configurations
ATB (1.2c)

Notetags for Tankentai Add-on
Old Vers. Compatibility (K)
Ev.Cmds for Sequences Add-on
Animation Overlay Patch

NightWalker's Sample Skills
Guns Action Sequence
Best Bow Add-on

Credits :
rgangsta - Title Screen
Timmah - -LPE- Particle Animations
dkpwner - REK Particle Animations
Anderson88
Bump. blink.gif
fmstwre
Well, here's the criticism time.

Negative: the world map looks kind of bland, but adding to it is very easy, and this probably was intentional, but that's about it.
I was going to make a comment about the default characters, but you stated that's what you wanted.

Positives: The class upgrade system looks AWESOME. I really love stuff like that, and whenever I changed classes in fire emblem I died. It's just that two of the protaginsts have the same class...dry.gif. The characters look very well thought out to.

Wittle possible edits.

Try changing or thinking up a different name other than "Eidolons". The more original names you use, the more detatched the player feels from the world, wanting him to explore more. SCREENSHOTS! PLEASE!
Anderson88
Thanks for the comments! Right now, "Eidolons" is just a place holder. I've only made about 1-5 minutes at most, since I'm so into making the maps at this point. I'll get screenshots tomorrow, 1:53 AM here.

About the world map : I was trying to make something quick to show the idea. It will be a lot better, promise!

About the classes : I had the idea of making all 1st tier Mages "Apprentices", so when they class change they become more powerful and don't use the same name.

Edit : Posted screenshots of the beginning, and a random screenshot of a spell.

Edit : Working on a demo now.
fmstwre
Well I finished the snippet you gave me and I'm going to begin examination.

*puts on miners hat*

Well, first off, the animations used are beautiful and in tandem with the music, help make it feel like an original experience.
The way the story flows so far is a plus, with the flashbacks giving an eerie tone to the game and a sadness as well. The only thing about these was that it was kind of rushed, and I feel as though you were thrown in the middle of them (coming from someone who makes you fight the final boss in the first 5 minutes of his game tongue.gif). The battle system is the fast paced side-view that we all love so there is no problems there, and the music is definetely beautiful. There are tweaks that the game needs, to separate it from the average RPG, such as backgrounds in battle and different windowskins, but for the first part of the game it was very good overall.
Anderson88
Yes, I know I need to fix up my scenes and stuff, but I'm just not so good with eventing right now. Don't know if I should make the player appear in scenes or change the actor sprite, like you apparently did in yours, so that in cutscenes when there's a short wait for the flashback or something, the character can't move.

Anyway, did you think the boss was difficult? You had no revive items so there's a slim chance that the boss will keep attacking one of your characters and knock them out. blink.gif

Edit : Actually, the character can't move if the event is set on AutoRun, right?
fmstwre
QUOTE (Anderson88 @ Aug 9 2011, 06:18 PM) *
Yes, I know I need to fix up my scenes and stuff, but I'm just not so good with eventing right now. Don't know if I should make the player appear in scenes or change the actor sprite, like you apparently did in yours, so that in cutscenes when there's a short wait for the flashback or something, the character can't move.

Anyway, did you think the boss was difficult? You had no revive items so there's a slim chance that the boss will keep attacking one of your characters and knock them out. blink.gif

Edit : Actually, the character can't move if the event is set on AutoRun, right?

The boss wasn't that bad, but I am a leveling whore and tend to overlevel...so that's just me.
And the character can move if you set a move route.
EvilEagles
I actually love that mountain town map smile.gif the concept of how it generally looks is great, you just need to add more details to it smile.gif
Anderson88
Thank you! I spent a lot of time working on it! I will release the demo to the public soon! Now, if only you could make ships easier with Klex's tiles. blink.gif
EvilEagles
Oh wait a second, where's the town's entrance???.
Edit: Oh now I see it, a small crack leading into a cave. Don't tell me to get in the town you must go through a very dark, long and complicated dungeon, and especially there are actually dangerous monsters?. Oh no that's not very smart of the townsfolk. If they'd planned to stay there for long, even built houses, they should've built some kinda stone stairs for ease of going out of town, shouldn't they?.
Anderson88
Ohh! N-no, you're mistaken, that's a lift. biggrin.gif
The city is called "Varon City", and that is a screenshot of the Residential District.
The lift connects to five places : (The) Mountain Base, Residential District, Business District, Noble's Road and Varon Castle.

Edit : I wonder if I should switch back to the default tiles... I can't (Or don't know how, anyways) make a world map with the Coming of Age Day tileset...
EvilEagles
Oh alright alright. I didn't look at the event carefully then.
But hmm I love that idea of having many districts chained too smile.gif think I should learn this myself too.
Edit: Dude, is it true you're 11? O.o
Anderson88
Of course it's true, why would I lie?
Anderson88
Bump - Added four new characters. Demo will be out soon!
Cero_Zero
I shall wait for the demo with bated breath! Honestly I'm finding it hard to say anything at all, maybe once I play the demo I'll be able to articulate more than a sentence. For now I can just stare at the ever so pretty pictures...

I like the mist concept, well depending on where you take it.

And this is just a general question I guess, cause I see it happening a lot. Why such longer periods of peace, you have in your story that there was 600 years of peace which really just breaks my suspension of belief. Jean-Jacques Babel has estimated in 5,500 years of human civilization, there has been a combined total of 292 years of peace. Combined. That means most of the time someone was at war.

I just find it hard to believe with human nature that there would 600 years of peace, that's all.

And yeah, I'm probably being nitpicky. I'll just clam up and wait for the demo now.
luiishu535
This is looking pretty interesting but you should try to add some more details to your maps.
Anderson88
Yes, I know I need to add a lot more details to my map, like flowers and plants I guess. dry.gif
Adrasteia
The thing that really sticks out for me here is "evil group of people bent on destroying the world."

Why do they want to destroy the world? Even the most "evil" people don't do things just to be evil (and rarely think of themselves as evil, come to that). People who do evil things usually have a justification or reason for doing so. Destroying the world, which will destroy you and everything you like, doesn't seem like an act that would have much in it for the person doing it.

Hopefully the villains aren't really as two dimensional as they sound, but if they are, please consider making them fully fleshed out characters.
Anderson88
Don't worry, even though it's pretty cliché, I have a reason why.
drew6464
This looks really, really good. You need a lot of work on maps, though. You can add a bunch of awesome lighting effects, tints, light rays, and fog to cover some of them up (mmm, special effects,) but you still need to add variety.
Anderson88
I'm a pretty bad mapper, I'm bad at placing flowers and stuff. Plus, I just realized that my tileset won't be enough as my game will be really long... dry.gif
And I've also started on the special effects!

Thanks! biggrin.gif
Anderson88
BUMP! Demo out! Version 1.0 released!

Worklog.

Spoiler:

CODE

drew6464
QUOTE (Anderson88 @ Sep 10 2011, 05:42 PM) *
BUMP! Demo out! Version 1.0 released!

Worklog.

Spoiler:

CODE

I'll start on your game tomorrow. If you wish, I can help you out with your maps! I'm not a pro or anything, but I think it's safe to say I'm decent.

Btw, your Audio files are really big. I'll "diet" your MP3s (compress them into further smaller files with little or no quality damage) using some tricks I have. I think you'll appreciate it a lot.

I will also keep a log of everything I do along the way.

Bye for now, and consider my offer to touch up your maps.

EDIT: By the way, Audio part 1 has the exact same files as Audio part 2, but part 2 is missing a few.
Anderson88
Oh, you're supposed to put them in the same folder and extract part 1. This should extract both of them into one.
drew6464
Hey, I just got to the first boss. I have a lot of things to say here.

------------------------
NOTES FOR ANDERSON:
------------------------
-On the map you start out on, there are wave sounds, but the water doesn't move.

-Doors in Residential area open up to more wood. Add a black block to the back of the doors.

-A lot of the maps look very plain. You should definitely add a little something.

-The mansion outside is, again, too plain-looking. It's also way too small, even in RPG
standards, compared to the inside.

-When leaving the mansion, put in a fade-in/fade-out so that Mika doesn't appear out of
nowhere as soon as you turn on the switch.

-In Mika's battle cry, "Ha! They got nothing on me!" There's a backslash before the Ha, like so:
"\Ha! They got nothing on me!"

-I think it's too easy to level. As the game goes on and you make more dungeons, it WILL get
to be a problem.

-"Reyson, they drop some goods!" by Mina. It should be, "Reyson, they dropPED some goods!"

-I think the troops in the first dungeon should have variety, not just 2 slimes or 2 bats
all the time.

-WOOOOO!! Syntax error. When using that move that costs 26 MP, "Unable to find file Graphics/Animations/
_LPE__Blood_Slash_by_LexusX. (after here I stopped playing.)

------------------------
THINGS I LIKE:
------------------------
-Varon City - Outside; awesome music!

-Great scripting. It really gives the feel of a professional game.

-The gate for the town is a good way to let you move from place to place. It's a
great idea. (No, I probably won't copy.... probably.)

-Best inn name ever. "Mountain Dew."

------------------------
SUGGESTIONS:
------------------------

-You should make it clearer (through a scripting event or something) that Mina's
weapon is a orb.

------------------------
QUESTIONS:
------------------------
-What did you use to make the Yes/No appear in the top-right like that?
Anderson88
QUOTE (drew6464 @ Sep 11 2011, 03:21 PM) *
Hey, I just got to the first boss. I have a lot of things to say here.

------------------------
NOTES FOR ANDERSON:
------------------------
-On the map you start out on, there are wave sounds, but the water doesn't move.

-Doors in Residential area open up to more wood. Add a black block to the back of the doors.

-A lot of the maps look very plain. You should definitely add a little something.

-The mansion outside is, again, too plain-looking. It's also way too small, even in RPG
standards, compared to the inside.

-When leaving the mansion, put in a fade-in/fade-out so that Mika doesn't appear out of
nowhere as soon as you turn on the switch.

-In Mika's battle cry, "Ha! They got nothing on me!" There's a backslash before the Ha, like so:
"\Ha! They got nothing on me!"

-I think it's too easy to level. As the game goes on and you make more dungeons, it WILL get
to be a problem.

-"Reyson, they drop some goods!" by Mina. It should be, "Reyson, they dropPED some goods!"

-I think the troops in the first dungeon should have variety, not just 2 slimes or 2 bats
all the time.

-WOOOOO!! Syntax error. When using that move that costs 26 MP, "Unable to find file Graphics/Animations/
_LPE__Blood_Slash_by_LexusX. (after here I stopped playing.)

Uh oh, I better fix those things. I wasn't so sure if I was going to use the victory aftermath, since it wasn't fully compatible with my continue BGM, so I didn't fully configure it (I mostly left it as it was default)
Plus, in my tileset, I don't have a round black block, and it causes problems with the other tiles and transparency, I know I'm really nub. sleep.gif

------------------------
THINGS I LIKE:
------------------------
-Varon City - Outside; awesome music!

-Great scripting. It really gives the feel of a professional game.

-The gate for the town is a good way to let you move from place to place. It's a
great idea. (No, I probably won't copy.... probably.)

-Best inn name ever. "Mountain Dew."

Thank you so much! biggrin.gif
------------------------
SUGGESTIONS:
------------------------

-You should make it clearer (through a scripting event or something) that Mina's
weapon is a orb.

I'm not so sure what you mean... dry.gif

------------------------
QUESTIONS:
------------------------
-What did you use to make the Yes/No appear in the top-right like that?

I think it's Modern Algebra's ATS.
Anderson88
Bump! New update, new project.

Spoiler:

CODE
Oct. 8 - Restarted project. Refreshed characters!

fmstwre
Nice to see you back on Anderson. I like how the project is going now and your characters are a lot more interesting. My game just had a massive story re-write and graphical re-write so looks like we're on the same board. See ya around :3
Anderson88
Thanks! I think I'll have a breeze copying all of these images and making millions of NPCs now. XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.