Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steve Jobs has died.
RPG Maker VX Community > Non-RPG Maker > General Lounge
Omegas7
I really like Apple, and admire Steve Jobs. He was a formidable person, and I will mourn his departure.
Rest in peace, good sir.

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/
fmstwre
I have tremendous respect for him. He built Apple from the ground up and stayed with the company until his last moments. Not many people have that dedication and work ethic. May he rest in peace.
EvilEagles
1 minute for the respectable man.
Retired-Pine
I'm sorry but I have no respect for him, nor the elitist characteristics of the iProducts or the iUsers.

All I have to say is good riddance, may his soul find a much deserved rest as he seemed to be in an awful, awful shape. Oh, and lol apple.
Kaptain J
They took our Jobs! Damn you, cancer; he was a good man! May he rest in peace...

R.I.P. Steven Jobs
Chaike
While I don't care for apple, I still have respect for the dead. RIP Steve Jobs, at least he died knowing that he accomplished something in his life.

Also, I was shocked when I saw this on yahoo. The article is so blunt... the article title just says, "steve jobs dies". It's like, "erm... okay? That's one way to put it bluntly"

Also also, this is in poor taste but...
Spoiler:
Parastella
QUOTE (SPineVX @ Oct 6 2011, 12:54 AM) *
I'm sorry but I have no respect for him, nor the elitist characteristics of the iProducts or the iUsers.

All I have to say is good riddance, may his soul find a much deserved rest as he seemed to be in an awful, awful shape. Oh, and lol apple.

Your entire post sounded WAY WAY WAAAAY more elitist than any iProduct could ever hope to sound.
Alexander Amnell
I've always disliked apple... but this isn't the time for that, death is a sorrow we all share and it doesn't require respect to wish someone a pleasent end. So may he rest in peace and the media leave his memory alone.
Twidger
Not only did he bring Apple into this world, with it's many technological advances, but if it were not for him, Pixar would have never come to be.
Pixar was a huge staple of my childhood, and helped me through hard times, so I thank Steve Jobs greatly for that.
RIP, man
Mr.M
QUOTE (SPineVX @ Oct 5 2011, 07:54 PM) *

What Apple did is called marketing. Every company does it, Apple just did it well. And don't hate the guy because of his fanbase of hipsters.
MusicZombie0250
QUOTE (Kaptain Jack-o'-lantern @ Oct 5 2011, 10:57 PM) *
They took our Jobs!

...South Park reference? xD

This was randomly stated in one of my choral groups at college tonight. Took me by surprise. He bought many a good thing to this world's constantly developing society. He won't soon be forgotten. RIP Mr. Jobs
Retired-Pine
You know, you guys are right. A God has died.

Never forget 5/10/11
Amy Pond
You have to admit he's a pretty big man. Sure, over the last few years Apple has been all about marketting, but Apple goes back to the 80s and the guy did a lot more than just decide to make the iPhone do this: *turns screen in awe*

It's a sad loss. Same as if Richard Branson, or Bill Gates, or Sir Alan Sugar died. Sure, they're ultimately gits, but they're still big figures in the world of big figures.
Celianna
Even billionaires die. Sad.

Thanks for helping Pixar get started, I don't care much for Apple products though.
Amy Pond
To be honest I thought the same and was like Pine, ranting about how Jobs should DIE and apple are ELITIST. But since actually getting an iPod Touch, well, I have yet to use a similar device which actually functions as well as it. It's nannyish a lot in the things you can do, but that's fine if you aren't devving and shit; in terms of the interface, the gestures, the smoothness of scrolling and how quick the responsiveness is I can't find anything on par. The products are really well designed. That means they don't quite match up in speed and cost - and understandably a lot of users would rather have a powerful machine than a well designed one and that's fine - but me personally, I shouldn't have knocked it till I tried it because I was pleasantly surprised.

Now macs on the other hand are absolute garbage. We had to use one for the C programming lab in year one. Most of the class stopped using them because they're so terrible and so difficult to use; we all moved to the XP lab. (The prof didn't like that)
Kaimi
QUOTE (Evilanna @ Oct 6 2011, 09:50 AM) *
Even billionaires die. Sad.

Thanks for helping Pixar get started, I don't care much for Apple products though.

"All those who live must some day die. It is our fate." - Minwu, Final Fantasy II

Still, I respect the man: if it wasn't for him, we still had a technological Middle Ages; yet, as many people are there in the world, as many inventions will be created and technology will advance.

Our prayers are with you, Mr. Jobs.
Peva
I was a firm hater of apple, but RIP. Thanks for Pixar, steve.
Jasonicus
Although I only have an Ipod, that barely works, he and his company have done a lot to advance technology. Most companies have seemingly caught up to Apple and will probably surpass them, but he was an innovator. The Pixar connection is what I appreciate most. Apple fanboys are probably some of the most annoying people I know, but I can't blame him for that.

I find this kind of pathetic though: http://instagr.am/p/PPDkS/
fmstwre
QUOTE (Oozonicus Slime @ Oct 6 2011, 04:06 AM) *
Apple fanboys are probably some of the most annoying people I know, but I can't blame him for that.

That right there is the whole problem with Apple. The fangirls. (applies to both sexes in this regard.)
If that company didn't have a tremendous following of tools/hipsters then I wouldn't dislike it so much. I still have an ITouch and love it but no Mac for me.

Still though, I do admire Jobs work ethic, which is why I respect him.
Jasonicus
I will say this, Apple makes nice media computers. My friend did his entire film on one and its impressive.
Ronove
Why would someone dislike a company just because it happens to have shitty fans... that doesn't make any sense. Dislike the company for doing bad, not just because the fans are annoying.

In any case, my little macbook is in mourning. Even if some people don't like the guy, no one can deny how he changed the technological world with his products.
Drunken Paladin
The god of death does not take cash or checks.

On some level, it's actually comforting to be reminded that we all share the same fate, regardless of power, wealth and influence.
Getdizzy
QUOTE (Ronove @ Oct 6 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Why would someone dislike a company just because it happens to have shitty fans... that doesn't make any sense. Dislike the company for doing bad, not just because the fans are annoying.

Because Apple's marketing department is fairly responsible for their fans being ass.

Honestly, I feel for his family, because having a loved one die is always horrible, but other than that, I really don't care much. His life wasn't a factor in mine, at least not enough to be noticeable, so his death is just another of countless others that die each day to me. Ultimately all deaths are sad, but not all are RELEVANT to me. Otherwise I'd have to be crying all the time.
Amy Pond
My class were about to head up the Apple store in town with candles and shit.

I didn't go with them...
Jasonicus
Thats...insane.
Chaike
QUOTE (Amy Pond @ Oct 6 2011, 01:31 PM) *
My class were about to head up the Apple store in town with candles and shit.

A group of melodramatics I see.
Jasonicus
They know he didn't actually die at that store right?
SamGreen
Do people have to get all emotional when someone they don't know dies? *sigh*

Here's another death that I'm going to hear about 24/7 for the next few weeks...
Amy Pond
I think (hope) it was more just to troll the store.
Retired-Pine
QUOTE (Kaimi @ Oct 6 2011, 04:36 AM) *
Still, I respect the man: if it wasn't for him, we still had a technological Middle Ages

Comments like this one are what makes mocking apple fanboys so delicious
Parastella
Seriously, I don't get what is so bad about being a fan of apple products. What is the big deal? I, myself, have NEVER had a problem with people who like apple products. I have never been annoyed or offended by any individual who was a fan of apple in my entire life, so I fail to see why apple fans have earned such a HORRIBLE reputation.

If anything, it is those who bash apple who sound elitist and hipster. It seems as though it is the 'in' thing to hate apple with every other nerd I know. I own an ipad and love it, but it has never come up in a discussion with any of my friends. Yes I take it to work and use it on my lunch break but no one seems to care as far as I know. If I were to find out that people thought I was a elitist hipster snob because of it I would probably call them a cunt. What the HELL is the big deal?

And back on topic... I have started to hide people from my fb news feed for not stfu about Steve Jobs dieing... What is it that makes people feel so special about being the first ones to post about the death of a celeb or keep posting about it? He was awesome and junk but it's over and iDon't care anymore.
ShinGamix
Didn't Steve Jobs and Bill Gates once work together? like in college or something? i duno and no I haven't googled it yet either.

...Mac is to PC as Atari is to Nintendo

[bad taste]Steve Jobs never helped me so I care less if he is alive or dead really[/bad taste]

and btw one person dies every 6 seconds in the US so Steve Jobs iswas rich and famous. What about the rest of the people who died?
Chaike
QUOTE (Parastella @ Oct 6 2011, 09:17 PM) *
iDon't care

But yeah, it's starting to get tiresome :/
ShinGamix
MusicZombie0250
The Onion and its comical look on his passing.

But I do agree its annoying at this point. He was a huge inspiration to many, a big impact on a lot of our lives to some indirect degree, and did die rather young. But at this point, only the family or people that ACTUALLY knew him should still be shedding tears.
Retired-Pine
QUOTE (Parastella @ Oct 6 2011, 08:17 PM) *
Seriously, I don't get what is so bad about being a fan of apple products. What is the big deal? I, myself, have NEVER had a problem with people who like apple products. I have never been annoyed or offended by any individual who was a fan of apple in my entire life, so I fail to see why apple fans have earned such a HORRIBLE reputation.

If anything, it is those who bash apple who sound elitist and hipster. It seems as though it is the 'in' thing to hate apple with every other nerd I know. I own an ipad and love it, but it has never come up in a discussion with any of my friends. Yes I take it to work and use it on my lunch break but no one seems to care as far as I know. If I were to find out that people thought I was a elitist hipster snob because of it I would probably call them a cunt. What the HELL is the big deal?

And back on topic... I have started to hide people from my fb news feed for not stfu about Steve Jobs dieing... What is it that makes people feel so special about being the first ones to post about the death of a celeb or keep posting about it? He was awesome and junk but it's over and iDon't care anymore.

Jasonicus
QUOTE (Parastella @ Oct 6 2011, 09:17 PM) *

http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-use...ust-died,26270/

Funny from Twitter:

ChelseaVPeretti
"Everything around me was bc of Steve Jobs, this wood table, the light bulb above, the couch, my hair comb -- all due to his innovations."

Kaimi
QUOTE (SPineVX @ Oct 7 2011, 01:10 AM) *
Comments like this one are what makes mocking apple fanboys so delicious

Mr. Pine, I am not a fanboy of Apple. I actually don't have own iThing and I don't care about it. I was just trying to say that if it wasn't for Mr. Jobs, we would advance slower than now... But, that's your opinion, so why do I care? I recently seen on TV that people were lighting up candles on the iThings in front of the Apple stores and personally I think these people are idiots. A simple prayer at home is enough for everyone; what they do is "Because Steve died, I will die now too."

And if you really want me to call a fanboy, it's only in Final Fantasy department.

And maybe lets lock this thread, it's just gonna leave to opinions and facts for which we will just argue...
Jasonicus
QUOTE (Kaimi @ Oct 7 2011, 05:26 AM) *
And maybe lets lock this thread, it's just gonna leave to opinions and facts for which we will just argue...

Thats not up to you. And yes, Apple helped move things forward but to think we would still be way behind without Apple is preposterous.
fmstwre
I think the main problem is that most people feel like Jobs did everything. There's other people in that company too, maybe smarter. Give the worker drones some credit too because chances are they put more work in than Jobs did.
Retired-Pine
See, I was ready to lock this one up. But no one tells me,what to close
Neosky
I do respect his ambition, and the fact that Windows would never be the way it was if it wasn't for him. But I hate all Apple products, lol. Apple will go down hill without their fearless leader....
BlackMuffin
I learned about his death about 10 minutes after it happened. And I learned it through an iPad. I think it's kind of ironic that he'd die and I'd learn about it through an iPad, of all things.

@neosky I object. Tim Cook is a good businessman, so I wouldn't worry so much. Besides, we're not valid to judge his performance at the head of the world's best tech company until about a year.
Chaco
It's sad when anyone dies, and it's sad he died.
That said I hate apple and I never respected the man, however, it's still sad he died.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.