Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SuikoRoku Gaiden II
RPG Maker VX Community > RPG Maker VX > Project Development
Brandon727
SUIKOROKU GAIDEN EPISODE II

Introduction
Suikoden 2 is perhaps the rarest game on Playstation 1, widely renowned for it's incredibly unique world and characters, it featured a dynamic story with brilliant use of plot twists. This story is a much researched plot that intends to fill in the gaps between Suikoden II and III. It's one of the most complex plots you'll find and this game relies on the player having some prerequisite knowledge.

World History
After two decades of war, peace comes abruptly as two former kings run from their past to start life anew. However, they find that the shadows of the world will follow, wherever they may go. A figure from the past re-emerges with a hidden agenda, planting seeds, and manipulating our would be heroes into villains.

Story Overview
The second act goes into great detail about the politics behind peace and the puppets that they use. Two kings travel the ocean to a foreign land where they assume no one would know them. However, they find that even their closest friends are not to be trusted. All these events lead to an epic climax where we begin to answer these mysterious questions.

Main Actors:

Riou - The main protagonist of the classic Playstation game, Suikoden II. He's rather innocent and naive yet curious and awe-inspiring. Once the leader of the rebellion, he refused the title of king and escaped to a new land on the other side of the ocean.

Jowy - Once best friends, Jowy plotted his way into power by murdering the villainous prince that inspired the rebellion and marrying his sister. However, he realized that the system was flawed, selfish, and needed to be changed. He continued the war against his best friend until the epiphany that he didn't care anymore. He is shadowed by a former ally who acts as a messenger between him and his new manipulative master, all while keeping it a secret from Riou.

Secondary Actors:

Viktor - Once a legendary mercenary, he heads off with his best friend after the war. The mission, to relax. After fighting in war for over a decade, the two veterans are tired. However, they soon find something they weren't looking for.

Flik - The voice of reason, Flik is the more moderate of the two legendary mercenaries that fought in the previous wars.

[b]Screenshots[/b]

Features
- Expansive story written at a professional level that continues the great story from a classic Playstation game
- Different perspectives to familiar events, an epic journey that explores the entire mythos of the Suikoden world.
- Not an RPG maker game but a Suikoden game built with RPG maker
- All the themes, items, runes, and more to completely immerse you into the feel of the original Playstation games.

Demo 1
http://www.mediafire.com/?rtgrcr1ngb6ca3h

Please like us on Facebook to keep up with all the updates!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuikoRoku-Ga...138283649544482
Brandon727
This is one of the most unique games on this site. Please give it a try.

I just made a new demo that really shows how much potential this game has.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tolw1w9s2ol4uws
Joerao
QUOTE (Brandon727 @ Feb 29 2012, 05:17 AM) *
Features
- Expansive story written at a professional level

I don't know how many people have to tell you before you listen. Your story and dialogue are not at a professional level. Your writing is clunky, riddled with errors, and just awkward overall. If, despite all the evidence to the contrary, you're still convinced of your incredible writing abilities, go play the game Linus by Blueperiod (it's on this site). Now THAT's professional-level writing.

You need to tone down the arrogance if you want anyone to play your game and help you improve it.
amerk
But don't you know, Joerao, he doesn't want people to help him improve it. "This is one of the most unique games on this site," so it shouldn't need to be improved, aside from what the mass has already told him that can help him make his game better; but those people obviously don't know what they are talking about.

For the record, I did play it, I was bored of it, I agree with what everybody else has said, I've lost count how many times a new thread on this game goes up because a mod or an Admin closes a previous one, and unless I can see where an attempt has been made to improve the game based on past feedback, I refuse give it another chance.
Avvy
But don't you know, Joerao, he doesn't want people to help him improve it. "This is one of the most unique games on this site," so it shouldn't need to be improved, aside from what the mass has already told him that can help him make his game better; but those people obviously don't know what they are talking about.

For a previous record of this attitude, look here: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...&hl=Brandon
Tons of posts trying to help him. Did he listen? No, he just ragequitted the site, but eventually
came back with what you see now. It's actually pretty funny.
GrandmaDeb
Okay, we have adequately established that this fella is quite the salesman for his own project.

If you think the project is ignore worthy, please follow your own advice and ignore this thread.

Do we really need ten people all agreeing with each other about it?

Brandon, no bumps please unless you make significant changes.

Everyone else, pls stay constructive or stay clear. No "let me change your life with my brilliant advice" posts, please. One or two is enough, already.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.