Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timed Button Presses
RPG Maker VX Community > RGSS2/Ruby Scripting > Script Requests
Kaimi
Good day Community,

Recently quite a crazy idea struck my mind: Timed Button Presses. I'd like to have in the game special 'thing' like button presses but handled a bit differently: pressing a button on time (two ways: regular one where image appears and the player must press the corresponding button quickly before its image will go, and Dissidia 012 style like Yuna has in her EX Burst - the button appears and around it a ring which would shrink into the button's image, and pressing the button when the ring was like perfect with the button's image would grant points, too) would grant points, chaining a sequences of buttons would grant points (altough little more with each successful chain press), also there would be holding buttins for certain amount of time which would also grant points, and button mashes.

Also, I want something like what I call "memory sequences": the memory sequence relies on that certain chain of buttons appear on screen for a brief time and then dissappear making the player to use his gray matter to recall the sequence from his/her memory; each correctly input sequence would result in points. Although it's possible to have button sequences and button mashes through Shanghai's scripts I really can't work how would I add point system to them; believed me, I tried but my scripting abilities are awful.

I'd like to see the "pressing a button on time" like here, but instead of the "SUCCESS!" image, the amount of points earned would be printed on screen.

Additionally, I need different script calls for each Timed Button Press type.

Also, points would be stored in a variable with possibility to change the storing variable during the game.

I realise that it might be a difficult script, or a 'simple' event, but nonetheless I'd really use that. Feel free to ask and/or give hints (I really don't know if this is the best place to post it...).

Have a good day,
-=[Kaimi]=-

EDIT HISTORY
Spoiler:
  • March 15th, 2012 - Added more info.
Kaimi
Bump!
Kaimi
Bump-bump!
Kaimi
Bump-bump-bump!
Zarby
You need it for combat or in the game on the map ?
Kaimi
Oh, sorry for the late reply... Currently, I need it for map, battle would be appreciated, but it's not mandatory.
Kaimi
B.u.m.p.
Kaimi
Revive!
Kaimi
Raise...
Kaimi
"Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe...!"
jesse120
Would you request be similar to Dance Dance Revolution(DDR)?
Kaimi
Hm, could be, but I don't want the game to be a dance game. It's going to have a dark theme and dancing is not really in "a dark theme." But, I want different types of button press thingies. Call them Quick Time Events, but each type I requested differs from one another in some way.
HungrySnake
Kaimi why don't you let the player DANCE IN THE DAAAAARK =0 It's dark and you can dance =D
jesse120
Here is a dance event system I made. Check it out, you might be able to use it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2cajed1hljzkdev
Kaimi
Very funny, HungrySnake. sleep.gif" You better go finish those other requests and find some more time for other problems.

EDIT: Sorry, jesse120, but I don't need dance in my game.
HungrySnake
DANCING ALL THE WAAAY. Haha, I'm just hanging around Kaimi, scripters also have a social (internet) life!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.