Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legionwood: Tale Of The Two Swords
RPG Maker VX Community > RPG Maker VX > Completed Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Bgamer
QUOTE (The-13th-Secret @ Mar 1 2011, 08:00 PM) *
This is a standalone game, the ending is an absolute ending. When you finish it, there are no sequels or prequels and there are no planned future games for Legionwood at this time.

Thanks for the reply. I am enjoying the game so far but I do have 2 questions,

Spoiler:
1. When I am following Mercer to prevent him from killing the king of Charn, there is a statue that has a pendant with an empty slot and it asks for a sapphire, I don't recall a hint in the game about this, is there a way to find the sapphire?
2. Where do we get Wyrmwood? I finally gave up on it and went forward in the game, is this suppose to be found later on?
The-13th-Secret
QUOTE (Bgamer @ Mar 3 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Thanks for the reply. I am enjoying the game so far but I do have 2 questions,

Spoiler:
1. When I am following Mercer to prevent him from killing the king of Charn, there is a statue that has a pendant with an empty slot and it asks for a sapphire, I don't recall a hint in the game about this, is there a way to find the sapphire?
2. Where do we get Wyrmwood? I finally gave up on it and went forward in the game, is this suppose to be found later on?

All right:

Spoiler:
1. The sapphire rests in a Hawkshire stature.
2. Wyrmwood is impossible to get until you are able to travel the seas.
Bgamer
QUOTE (The-13th-Secret @ Mar 3 2011, 03:55 PM) *
All right:

Spoiler:
1. The sapphire rests in a Hawkshire stature.
2. Wyrmwood is impossible to get until you are able to travel the seas.

Thanks. biggrin.gif
Bgamer
QUOTE (InMooseWeTrust @ Feb 4 2011, 07:02 PM) *
There's a guy in the desert kingdom, in the market area willing to teach it to anyone you want for free. Look for the floating triangle over some characters' heads. Once you get the ship, it's best to go to every town where a skill can be learned, so you can teach everything to every character. It costs money sometimes, but there is no limit to how many skills anyone can learn.

I am also trying to find the guy who gives you dual weapon skill, but I cant find him.
Spoiler:
I am currently in Hawkshire is this the desert kingdom where we can find the guy who teaches the skill, and if so where is he I looked everywhere for him and can't find him in the marketplace?
unsure.gif

Edit: Never mind I saw him after some events. biggrin.gif Sorry for the double post, I couldn't delete it.
Bgamer
Ok, I need some help,

Spoiler:
After getting the sword of Ark I end up fighting Terminu, is this fight suppose to be lost? I have been fighting him for 30 minutes and I cant defeat him even though I keep him bound and deal lots of damage to him..
unsure.gif
Dark Gaia
Yes, you are supposed to lose that fight. Usually he's able to wipe the floor with you rather easily, but those who are overleveled or are particularly powerful are able to hold their own against him. Just Strike him until you die.

In other news...

I am planning to return to the world of Legionwood very soon, in the form of a novel.

Random other stuff people might be interested in:

- Terminus is a dark parallel of Lann. Much like Lann, Terminus felt bound to protect his sister at all costs. Unlike Lann, Terminus accepted Castoth's offer of servitude.
- Castoth now inhabits a dark nether-realm. Players who have completed the original One Night will know what happens next. But what became of Liara?
- Castoth is Undying and Eternal.
Blazing_Flames
Hey, I've been wondering for a while now, how did you make that animation on the places you can check? It's very useful, and I was wondering how to make it...

Also, this is a really great game, but I think me exploring and doing every battle has gotten me a little over-powered. Everyone says this can be a difficult game, but it's easy for me. I just wish I had more money.
Bgamer
QUOTE (Dark Gaia @ Mar 5 2011, 04:16 AM) *
Yes, you are supposed to lose that fight. Usually he's able to wipe the floor with you rather easily, but those who are overleveled or are particularly powerful are able to hold their own against him. Just Strike him until you die.

Great thanks for your help. It should be interested to read a story about the game, but for now I will focus on finishing the game first. biggrin.gif

The-13th-Secret
Hopefully I said this already and so have other people, but I feel like emphasizing that this game really has an awesome story. It almost makes want to write an analysis or something. If I can get an answer, what process did you take to come up with this story?

Ah, I myself would be interested in reading a Legionwood novel.
Bgamer
I bought an equipment called Demon Cloak that is suppose to regenerate SP points but doesn't do that. Is this suppose to happen or is it a bug? smile.gif
Dark Gaia
Eh, it's most likely a bug. Not all of the equipment has been completely tested. It's likely that the script that gives that effect is not working.

@13th-Secret: Actually, there's a lot that's secret about the Legionwood story (I encourage people to draw their own interpretation in places, there's only one ending but so far I've seen people take it in two different ways) but I'll tell you some stuff.

Spoiler:
Before I began work on the Legionwood game, all those years ago, I carefully planned out the basic outline of the story. Essentially, I began work knowing all about Ark, Gaia and Castoth, but the actual events of the game and how they were to fit in this background mythos I had created were not clear. Eventually, I considered that Ark himself would appear in the game and that Lann would be a reincarnation of Gaia so that the game would heavily relate to the backstory I had created and so that this story would have relevance to the characters, instead of just being the reason Castoth was there (as it was at first). Eventually, I fleshed out the characters and then the actual game was made up as I went along. For example, I got bored of Merces so decided to kill him off - originally I had meant Terminus to kill him at the end of the game, much like Castoth double crossed Terminus. Liara was always meant to "die" as I felt it would be an emotional ending.

Ultimately, I did intend for the game to be a lot bigger than it ended up being. More time was going to be spent uncovering the truth behind Castoth rather than just the first two chapters and there were more Forges to find as well. I had chunks of story set to take place in Trevelle (such as inflitrating the imperial palace and helping incite a revolution) and also there was going to be an expedition to Ice Cap as well (the icy continent west of Makir that you can see if you open the game in RMVX). I began to lose motivation though and decided that it was better to shorten the game than to just not finish it. I condensed the quest to revive the Two Swords into two chapters and hinted at the Trevelle storyline in the ending instead.

Why was it so important that I finish Legionwood? Because it serves as the story that propels the rest of my written "mythos" into being - One Night involves a tangle with the nether dimension Castoth inhabits, while I had planned Undying Eternal to take place in a world bordering it (if you read the story in the thread for that game, the Demonic Gates are entryways into Castoth's prison) and of course the novels I intend to write tell stories of people and worlds that have become infected by a malice known as the "Realm of Dread" - Castoth's demi-plane which slowly seeps into other dimensions, twisting them. So, as you can see, it is hardly over.
Bgamer
I am at the final stage of the game and I have some unsolved questions that I need help with:

Spoiler:

1. There is a guy in charn that wants wyrmwood, I am almost at the final dungeon and I cant find any, where is it?
2. Under the Tower of Hate there is an island with a tower on top of a mountain, is this suppose to be accessible or just part of the map?
3. Somewhere in the forum you mentioned an expansion pack for the tower of shadows where is it, or did it get cancel? unsure.gif

biggrin.gif
Blazing_Flames
So Dark Gaia, how did you do those events? (Post above)
It's not just a simple animation, is it?
Umbra1023
I gave this game a second chance to see if the changes to battle balance were enough for me to have an enjoyable experience but the ugly flaws still exist. The beginning of the game is far easier than previous versions, especially the ogre, who was once an absolutely brutal boss but is now a complete pushover. However, it seems like everything after that point in this game has been unaltered. Common enemy evade rates are still ridiculously high so even characters with 99 accuracy still miss way too often. Enemy critical hits, even from non-bosses, still kill any character with full HP in one hit except my tank. I gave up at the skeleton dragon boss because his party-wide attack can be used two turns in a row and it will kill all of my characters. There is no strategic way to avoid this. You claim that the game requires strategic attacking but I have to disagree. Everything requires luck. Enemy evades, critical hits against and bosses using their best attack twice in a row are the best examples of this. Luck is the largest factor in battles. If you plan strategically but get unlucky, you die, and you are more penalized for dying in this game than most other games, especially in the early parts where revive items are sacred and resurrection spells don't exist.

The thing that sucks the most is that all other areas of the game are awesome. The mapping is excellent, the story is interesting and the music is catchy and very relevant to the theme; however, battles count the most. I can live with flawed mapping, story or music, but I don't think I can continue playing a game with flaw battles, and if I force myself to continue then I am not playing this game for the reason we all play games. For fun.
Vaz
Umbra, I had a lot more success with a party of three mages than sword swingers.
The advantage of magic is that it never misses, and all the monsters are vulnerable to at least one of the elements.
I only ever kept one tank around, and that was only if that character had a quick strike weapon.
The-13th-Secret
QUOTE (Umbra1023 @ Mar 7 2011, 04:23 AM) *
I gave this game a second chance to see if the changes to battle balance were enough for me to have an enjoyable experience but the ugly flaws still exist. The beginning of the game is far easier than previous versions, especially the ogre, who was once an absolutely brutal boss but is now a complete pushover. However, it seems like everything after that point in this game has been unaltered. Common enemy evade rates are still ridiculously high so even characters with 99 accuracy still miss way too often. Enemy critical hits, even from non-bosses, still kill any character with full HP in one hit except my tank. I gave up at the skeleton dragon boss because his party-wide attack can be used two turns in a row and it will kill all of my characters. There is no strategic way to avoid this. You claim that the game requires strategic attacking but I have to disagree. Everything requires luck. Enemy evades, critical hits against and bosses using their best attack twice in a row are the best examples of this. Luck is the largest factor in battles. If you plan strategically but get unlucky, you die, and you are more penalized for dying in this game than most other games, especially in the early parts where revive items are sacred and resurrection spells don't exist.

The thing that sucks the most is that all other areas of the game are awesome. The mapping is excellent, the story is interesting and the music is catchy and very relevant to the theme; however, battles count the most. I can live with flawed mapping, story or music, but I don't think I can continue playing a game with flaw battles, and if I force myself to continue then I am not playing this game for the reason we all play games. For fun.

And I can almost guarantee you did not spend your AP points wisely or just skipped every random encounter because: luck was never a factor for me, build 5 is much much easier, and I never bothered to level grind; I just did normal progression and fight the couple or so enemies I have to deal with on the way through the dungeon. There were two unreasonable bad spots in the game (Charn sewer for me at least and definitely the forest with bears) but they were still negotiable.

If you want to play the rest of the game and see what I went into boss battles with, I have dozens of save files for you to pick and play from because I never overwrite my saves, just ask and I can send you a zip file for your entertainment.

QUOTE (Dark Gaia @ Mar 5 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Eh, it's most likely a bug. Not all of the equipment has been completely tested. It's likely that the script that gives that effect is not working.

@13th-Secret: Actually, there's a lot that's secret about the Legionwood story (I encourage people to draw their own interpretation in places, there's only one ending but so far I've seen people take it in two different ways) but I'll tell you some stuff.

Spoiler:
Before I began work on the Legionwood game, all those years ago, I carefully planned out the basic outline of the story. Essentially, I began work knowing all about Ark, Gaia and Castoth, but the actual events of the game and how they were to fit in this background mythos I had created were not clear. Eventually, I considered that Ark himself would appear in the game and that Lann would be a reincarnation of Gaia so that the game would heavily relate to the backstory I had created and so that this story would have relevance to the characters, instead of just being the reason Castoth was there (as it was at first). Eventually, I fleshed out the characters and then the actual game was made up as I went along. For example, I got bored of Merces so decided to kill him off - originally I had meant Terminus to kill him at the end of the game, much like Castoth double crossed Terminus. Liara was always meant to "die" as I felt it would be an emotional ending.

Ultimately, I did intend for the game to be a lot bigger than it ended up being. More time was going to be spent uncovering the truth behind Castoth rather than just the first two chapters and there were more Forges to find as well. I had chunks of story set to take place in Trevelle (such as inflitrating the imperial palace and helping incite a revolution) and also there was going to be an expedition to Ice Cap as well (the icy continent west of Makir that you can see if you open the game in RMVX). I began to lose motivation though and decided that it was better to shorten the game than to just not finish it. I condensed the quest to revive the Two Swords into two chapters and hinted at the Trevelle storyline in the ending instead.

Why was it so important that I finish Legionwood? Because it serves as the story that propels the rest of my written "mythos" into being - One Night involves a tangle with the nether dimension Castoth inhabits, while I had planned Undying Eternal to take place in a world bordering it (if you read the story in the thread for that game, the Demonic Gates are entryways into Castoth's prison) and of course the novels I intend to write tell stories of people and worlds that have become infected by a malice known as the "Realm of Dread" - Castoth's demi-plane which slowly seeps into other dimensions, twisting them. So, as you can see, it is hardly over.

I see, thank you for the insight into your creative process. smile.gif

Now, if I could just build up the courage to play One Night 2; I had to grin like the Joker to keep my sanity through One Night and One Night 2, I get the feeling is going to be scarier...
Zynan
I hate asking this, but could I use some of your music in my series, I make it using a game called Mabinogi, and the series is called Mabinogi Eternal, I am not making a profit with this, its just a youtube project I do, and I loved your music in Legionwood, is it alright for me to use your music?

From,
ZXS Productions, ZynanXShiru
Umbra1023
Umbra, I had a lot more success with a party of three mages than sword swingers.
The advantage of magic is that it never misses, and all the monsters are vulnerable to at least one of the elements.
I only ever kept one tank around, and that was only if that character had a quick strike weapon.

Spells can still miss. Not nearly as much as physical attacks but the possibility is still there. There are a few cool things about making a mage. For one, they are inherently good healers. I don't think anyone dedicates a character specifically to pure healing unless it's a strategy for a particular boss. Also, they don't need as many stats as a physical character would. Spells cannot crit and accuracy only affects physical attacks so both of those stats are ruled out. Pretty much the only worthwhile stats are intelligent, agility and maybe some more SP, especially in the early levels. If I play the game again, I will try a mage composition.

Why have a quick strike weapon for your tank? It seems like a tank's only offensive use is to do small support damage and apply status debuffs but I doubt there are many weapons with both quick strike and status effects.

And I can almost guarantee you did not spend your AP points wisely or just skipped every random encounter because: luck was never a factor for me, build 5 is much much easier, and I never bothered to level grind; I just did normal progression and fight the couple or so enemies I have to deal with on the way through the dungeon. There were two unreasonable bad spots in the game (Charn sewer for me at least and definitely the forest with bears) but they were still negotiable.

If you want to play the rest of the game and see what I went into boss battles with, I have dozens of save files for you to pick and play from because I never overwrite my saves, just ask and I can send you a zip file for your entertainment.

I never had a problem with the Charn sewers. I went there with only the first two characters (the game recommends 3) and I believe I was level 5-6. The boss was a little tricky to kill, but other than that, I never had much trouble. I will eventually get back into the game. I think my anger is a result of bad luck and not necessarily gameplay balance. You could probably have build up your characters the same way as I and succeeded with better luck. Next time I play I will level up a bit more to minimize the chance of dying purely from bad luck.
MarxMayhem
W-Wait. Battles are that hard? D: Okay, I'll admit that enemies have a pretty high evasion rate, but spells have a lower chance of missing, and if your character isn't blinded and has Dual Wielding, the second hit is guaranteed to hit (not because of a script or something, just plain luck).

I'll give you a secret, bub: Never, and I mean never, spend AP on HP, SP, Evasion, Accuracy, and Critical.

Why HP and SP, if the more HP you have the more damage you can take, and the more SP you have the more spells you can use? Simple, if you instead increased Defense, you will take less physical damage, and beats the need for higher HP. Intelligence, if you want to take less magical which doubles as boosting your magical damage. Would you prefer taking out your opponents in 5 Frost Bolts or 3? (And these are why 3 out of my 5 members are mages, and technically are the strongest of my party)

Evasion and Accuracy? They're meaningless if all the damage you can take are in mere 200s and your hits can do up to 800+ per hit. Critical? I wouldn't leave stuff like damage output to chance.

You think the game is unfair? You have yet to see me play it. D:
Umbra1023
So, you're pretty much saying that I should not have any physical characters? They don't have to deal with critical or accuracy. Plus they get the magic damage reduction from intelligence while still gaining a boost to magical damage, something physical characters wouldn't benefit from. They also have a high chance to hit. Seems like the right choice.

BTW, I agree with not putting points into HP but I have to disagree about SP in the early parts of the game. I believe the first three SP upgrades are only 1 AP each. Of course, when characters level up and get more base SP, those points should be reinvested.
MarxMayhem
I'm not saying you shouldn't have physical characters, since a good number of the enemies in the future will have Silence, and mages are pretty much screwed if so. My team was Melee battler Lann, Buff Caster Ark, Cleric/Mages Thyrra and Liara and Battle Mage Alexis.

Of course, I didn't start them as is. Some few hours into the game, I started fitting in said roles into my party. Also, my party was an all-melee party (sans Liara, a cleric) before Zanthus and Thyrra, which then I started putting specific roles for them.

Edited for clarification. D:
Dark Gaia
I personally find that melee characters do indeed have some value. If you have a character with Dual Wielding, who is using weapons which inflict statuses, spending AP on Attack and casting Sharpen and Rage (which are cumulative) makes for a character hitting for around 3000 per turn and inflicting multiple statuses.

I found these melee characters indeed more useful than the mages, who really start to have difficulties when an enemy has no specific elemental weakness.
Dark Gaia
Hi everyone!

So, Legionwood was reviewed in the e-zine Digitally Downloaded today. I must say that it's a very spot on review and is very informative. You can check it out for curiosity's sake here: http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2011/03...g-maker-vx.html
The-13th-Secret
QUOTE ("Reviewer I disagree with")
The plot is standard SNES-era fantasy fare. The lead character wakes up in a bed at the start of the game (thankfully, this hero is not suffering a bout of amnesia). He, and his little sister, go to participate in a royal birth celebration, but they come across a plot to kill the king and start a war between two nations. Of course, they fail to stop this plot, and the story begins in earnest.

It's not a particularly well-written plot. Grixti struggles with creating believable, consistent characters, and other times the dialogue is a little too overblown for its own good.

Story is certainly not quite the thing I found weak, I honestly disagree with him. I wish he would cite specific examples of weaknesses. I am glad to see the reviewer enjoyed the game, though. smile.gif
MarxMayhem
QUOTE (The-13th-Secret @ Mar 14 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Story is certainly not quite the thing I found weak, I honestly disagree with him. I wish he would cite specific examples of weaknesses. I am glad to see the reviewer enjoyed the game, though. smile.gif

Well, he did say "standard SNES-era" and during that time, a lot of PRG plots were, how to say it........plain? Also maybe I think why he called it not well-written was because, half the time, when you're supposed to be sympathizing with the characters, you're not. No main character died. If someone other than a villain dies, we (the players) would know very little about them before they do, and that takes away much of the impact characters's death are supposed to have. Special mention to Glacius (I think that's his name), a good-aligned NPC who doesn't die five minutes after meeting him.

I could go on, but I think you may have gained where he was getting at. D:

And who's Grixti? Don't think I've heard of the name before. D:
Dark Gaia
That's my real name, Dayle Grixti (or DG, hence Dark Gaia)! It's pretty easy to find it out nowadays as it's in the copyright information for any of my games. And Glacius may not have died five minutes after you meet him, but he does die half an hour later. Anyways, I agreed mainly with what the review says, as the writing is fairly long winded and dry in some places. I really should give Legionwood's script a going over sometime. In fact, I think I will soon!
kamirl
Very well done for around a 15 hour game. I'd give it a 8.6 out of 10 overall. Some of the random foes are a lot rougher than
than they should be early on and mana management is also rough early on. u basically have to make a toon nearly pure mana and int at least early on to be able to cast spell in or after fights. That should be tweaked just a tad. That was my only complaint. A BIG WTG to you :-).
Steysel
This game's epic. But I don't like how it ends lol
MoonPrincess
I am playing version 6.2. I searched the web and it said that Mountaineer's map will be located in Peregrin Canyon, the Arcanist's Tower or Gaia's cave. I visited all these area and failed to find it. Also, before the fall of Greenvale, I could locate the island for Shrine of Hate with a gate sealed. However, after the fall of Greenvale, I cant find it anymore. Please kindly tell me where I can get Mountaineer's map and where Shrine of Hate is. Thanks!
Gamer51
Hey Dark Gaia,

Just letting you know how easy it is to edit your game you should put some sort of encyption on it as currently anyone can edit it.

Just advising you cause I don't want anyone ripping off this great well produced game smile.gif
The-13th-Secret
QUOTE (Gamer51 @ Oct 8 2011, 06:39 PM) *
Hey Dark Gaia,

Just letting you know how easy it is to edit your game you should put some sort of encyption on it as currently anyone can edit it.

Just advising you cause I don't want anyone ripping off this great well produced game smile.gif

I think this game is well-known enough that nobody will bother to steal and claim the game as their creation.
Dark Gaia
Sunday, October 16th, 2011

Today, Build 6.3 of Legionwood has been released. Again, this minor build mainly contains some bug fixes and adds some additional polishes to the game (such as the addition of markers on the world map to indicate visitable locations) but for those who felt that the Divine Wand was too easy to obtain, an entire new dungeon, the Magris Arena, has been added to the game, which must be completed in Chapter 4 before the fight with Serra will become available.
LeCricket
Well, ya got me hooked on this one. I'm about an hour in now! biggrin.gif
Thunder Mastr
Finally finished after losing this game for months biggrin.gif
I really enjoyed this and the spoilers below are my final stats.
Lann
Spoiler:
Lann lv49 Warrior
Kunai Dagger
Kunai Dagger
Celestial Cap
Celestial Armor
Shoulder Pad
Shoulder Pad
Luck Charm

Ark
Spoiler:
Ark lv49 Offensive Mage
Divine Wand
Red Baton
Ghost Cap
Angel Cloak
Shoulder Pad
Luck Charm
Violet Cape

Alexis
Spoiler:
Alexis lv46 Warrior
Kunai Dagger
Kunai Dagger
Diamond Headband
Titanium Plate
Mythril Bracer
Mythril Bracer
Mythril Bracer

Thyrra
Spoiler:
Thyrra lv46 Offensive Mage/Healer
Red Baton
Red Baton
Ghost's Cap
Angel Cloak
Angel Tiara
Mythril Bracer
Mythril Bracer

Again awesome game had a fun time playing it, and thank you for hours of entertainment rolleyes.gif
Faunus
QUOTE (Thunder Mastr @ May 18 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Finally finished after losing this game for months biggrin.gif
I really enjoyed this and the spoilers below are my final stats.
Lann
Spoiler:
Lann lv49 Warrior
Kunai Dagger
Kunai Dagger
Celestial Cap
Celestial Armor
Shoulder Pad
Shoulder Pad
Luck Charm

Ark
Spoiler:
Ark lv49 Offensive Mage
Divine Wand
Red Baton
Ghost Cap
Angel Cloak
Shoulder Pad
Luck Charm
Violet Cape

Alexis
Spoiler:
Alexis lv46 Warrior
Kunai Dagger
Kunai Dagger
Diamond Headband
Titanium Plate
Mythril Bracer
Mythril Bracer
Mythril Bracer

Thyrra
Spoiler:
Thyrra lv46 Offensive Mage/Healer
Red Baton
Red Baton
Ghost's Cap
Angel Cloak
Angel Tiara
Mythril Bracer
Mythril Bracer

Again awesome game had a fun time playing it, and thank you for hours of entertainment rolleyes.gif

Lol check out my walkthrough
http://www.omega-dev.net/forums/attachment.php?aid=93
blueguy
I just wanted to say that I'm REALLY enjoying this game. It is a bit hard at first, but it just hooks you to the point where you can't stop playing and it really makes you value the items and skills you buy/get and you're forced to choose which items you're going to use and when very carefully. I was so relieved when I got the Osmone skill. The whole thing feels like an old-school RPG too, which I appreciate.

I do have a nit though (so far; haven't finished it yet): I suggest you further proofread the very first conversation you have with Martyn, because I noticed at least four typos in it, which were very distracting. That's about it though. I'm loving the game.
MarxMayhem
Oooh. New patch with new areas? I came back just in time. Gotta play again. biggrin.gif
Dark Gaia
Hi, everyone! I haven't posted any updates on this game for a long time, but I recently overhauled it and thought I'd pop in and copy/paste the update from the game's blog so that you all know what's going down. Here it is:

Hi there, Legionwood fans! In celebration of Legionwood being featured on the front page of RPG Maker.net, I'm happy to announce that the Final Edition of the game is now available to download!

The Final Edition is the definitive version of Legionwood. This updated build of the game completely fixes the last of the remaining bugs in the game, restores a smattering of cut beta content to the game (such as the extra floor of the Pirate's Cove and the Adventure theme music) and, best of all, features a completely rewritten script, with every line of dialogue in the game addressed for clarity, brevity and spelling and grammar errors. Each of Legionwood's characters now has a more distinct personality, and there is more emotion and characterisation in the game than in previous builds. Foreshadowing and references to Legionwood 2 have also been inserted into the game, to create a stronger link between the two titles.

All of this work, including rewriting the dialogue and tightening up the game code took me about a month to complete - it wasn't a small task, but I've wanted to update the original Legionwood for a while, so I placed the sequel on hiatus to get it done. Now that the Final Edition is online and ready to play, I'm inviting all Legionwood fans and new players alike to give it a try and pass the time until the next release of Legionwood 2 with a more polished, better written RPG that I'm sure they'll enjoy.

With that said, I'll get back to work on Legionwood 2. Now that the Final Edition of Legionwood is released, I'm happy to move on to the future and make some long-awaited progress on the sequel. Keep an eye out for Beta 3.0 of Legionwood 2 some time in October, and I'll bring you more news on the game's development as it happens.

So, if you haven't played the game yet, now's the time to do so smile.gif

Also, please check out Legionwood 2 as well.
Goldenguy
Holy crapoli, I may have to re-download this game. I played through it recently enough (FANTASTIC game by the way), but my download was quite old. In fact.. this game is indeed good enough to render another playthrough.
Katon
There's a major glitch at 'Ascog Castle' (i think that's the name of the dungeon) the part where you have to enter a four-digit code to open a gate, you have to find Merces, while a timer counts down, well when the timer reaches zero, its game over, but when there's a boss fight, after you unlock the gate, you don't have enough time to beat the boss, but while fighting the boss, if the timer reaches zero, its not game over, but 'Lann' says 'Lets hurry and find Merces', and then the screen stays black, i'm guessing you forgot to 'Fade-In' the screen after the timer reaches zero, and well that's a huge issue cause you can't see where your going, and i also don't have all my party members, i'm left wit Lann alone, and he can't beat the boss alone
Dark Gaia
Hi! yes, that certainly seems to be bug. I think it must be running on an old, un debugged event that triggers if the timer runs out while in battle. Defeating the boss before the time runs out should fix it (in fact, I was pretty sure the timer turns off before you fight the boss). I will look into it.
MASH_MX
Good to hear, I still loved the first as well as the other games you have done such as the One Night Series.
You never did let me know about those resources tho for my inspired and dedicated project to it, I am still going at that with my current stuff.
Looking forward to your work Gaia. =)
Vaz
I finally got to play the deluxe version of Legionwood Tale of Two Swords. The latest 1.2 patch helps, but the new dungeon of the Forgotten Citadel is still pretty glitchy. The worst part by far is that the Tetris game requires you score 500. Do NOT go over 500, or you fail the test, just as if you score less than 500. Also, there's no instructions provided. So you rotate the falling blocks by hitting the Escape key.

Second, there's 3 separate dungeons in the second phase of the Citadel. Don't leave any one of them until you've got all the chests. If you activate the orb in each one, you can't go back in to pick up any loot left behind.

Third, make sure you level up Zanthus a lot before tackling the Citadel.

However, there's a lot of good additions to the deluxe version. There's four Luck Charms scattered around. Get them all and use them. They make it a lot easier to get those 75+ level characters you need for the end of the game.

All in all, the deluxe version took a great rpgmaker game and made it even better.
Akod
QUOTE (Vaz @ May 31 2014, 05:32 AM) *
So you rotate the falling blocks by hitting the Escape key.

Since they are rotated by the escape key, wouldn't it be easier to use the X key (or whatever key that may have been remapped to) instead, since they are both linked to the same button?
Neosky
just popping and say, congratz on this game being in the humble bundle!
Aveqetura
Hello! I'm new at this forum and I'm from Romania, so forgive me for my poor english. This forum is my last hope for me to receive some answer at some questions I have. I choose to put the question visible, not to hide behind a spoiler.

I play that wonderfull games and I arrived at Chapter Four. I have some optional quest that I want to complete them. Here is my optional quest:

a ) Discover what the Pins of Creation are used for.
I have 4 Pins of Creation and 1 Pins of Zenith.
Q: Where is the Marilith tombs for my last Pins of Creation?
Where is The Rifts Monuments?

b ) Find a map of the mountains for the man in Greenvale.
Q: Where can I find that map?

c ) Open the ruins in Mount Pyre with a Rosetta Stone and explore them.
Q: Where can I find that Rosetta Stone.

I was registred at the Amaranth forum too and i read that The Sword of Lore can unlock The Gaia Caverns. i have the Sword of Lore, but when i touch the door in Gaia Caverns, nothing happend. Do I do something wrong? sad.gif

If nobody have an walkthrough, please, give me some directions for The Lost Ciadelle, because I activated 2 crystall and i could'n reach the remain crystall and I was dizzy walk round and round. I was very gratefully for any help given to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.