Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tactical RPG Maker?
RPG Maker VX Community > Non-RPG Maker > General Lounge
ArkMercenary
Anyone know of a good tactical RPG maker? I know of SimRPG Maker by Enterbrain and I've tried it but didn't really care for it much. Is there any other good Tactical Makers out there that anyone knows of or am I stuck with SRM?
SeeYouAlways
I have an another alternative for you, if you like, because I don't know any other (decent) tactical RPG game engines out there. There is an awesome script for RPG Maker XP, called GubiD's Tactical Battle System, which like its title suggests, allows you to make strategy RPG games in RPG Maker XP.

I suggest you have a look, because it is really promising, updated frequently, and the author of the script gives support to the people that needs it. Here is the link: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/script/50

Enjoy (if you choose it try it)!
ArkMercenary
This looks pretty cool. Thanks for showing it to me. =)

I'll check it out and see if I can't start a little side project with it.
fmjpr
Yeah, I don't know of any makers that are just for tactical systems. Shame too, cause that would be really convenient and cool.
Moondoggie Rowe
I might try and make a tactical/strat game when I get VX. I haven't decided much system wise for my next project...
Elemental Crisis
Personally I think Simulation RPG Maker 95 is great, a lot of people don't like it because they try to compare it to other Enterbrain makers like RPG Maker 2000 and up but you have to remember that it came out after RPG Maker 95 did. In fact some of its feautres were added in RPG Maker 2000.
The only thing I don't like about Simulation RPG Maker 95 is the current translation floating around, its horrible and a lot of the text is off centered so the bottom part of it is cut off. I'm currently translating Simulation RPG Maker 95 Value which is the last version released. Unlike the previous translations mine will have the complete original RTP as well as extras from the sample game. So don't put off Simulation RPG Maker 95 just yet.

Another maker like program you can try is Tactical RPG Editor, it was created by HitPoints and is a 3D SRPG engine. The current translation floating around was done by Megaman and is an excellent translation. It's not the latest version as HitPoints just released a beta for Tactics3 but it is the most up to date version of Tactics2.
ArkMercenary
Awesome man! About that 3D Tactics engine though, do you have a link to it?
Elemental Crisis
Yeah but in accordance with the rules here I cant post it, sorry.
Llaandr
Thanks for respecting the rules, EC. smile.gif I think SMRPG95 is one of better, easiest engines to create a good tactical RPG.

It should be ok to discuss and post links to/info about other engines.
Refer to post here

Enterbrain doesn't really seem to care about the previous makers, but we should keep the RMXP ~ VX series clean.
Doujin Game CN
Uh, there's one

http://www.hitpoints.net/

The TACTICS CHALLENGE is nice, but nearly none outside Japan knows it tho,
it's actually very easy one, and can produce stand-alone games.

No trasnlations available.
Elemental Crisis
QUOTE (Doujin Game CN @ Mar 1 2008, 12:18 AM) *
Uh, there's one

http://www.hitpoints.net/

The TACTICS CHALLENGE is nice, but nearly none outside Japan knows it tho,
it's actually very easy one, and can produce stand-alone games.

No trasnlations available.

Another maker like program you can try is Tactical RPG Editor, it was created by HitPoints and is a 3D SRPG engine. The current translation floating around was done by Megaman and is an excellent translation. It's not the latest version as HitPoints just released a beta for Tactics3 but it is the most up to date version of Tactics2.
Doujin Game CN
I'm already on the beta program of it and final version will be mail to me as I've ordered it.

For a single-purpose game editor... well it's very good.

If the above guys want it I will release it, people will eventually crack it I think.
Elemental Crisis
Tactics3 has already been cracked and is in the process of being translated.
Doujin Game CN
Is someone already translating Beta3 like the stating above?

If you just want the retail, and be able to translate it, I'm happy to donate a copy, along with the bonus material pack.
Tayuke
I've got a demo of a tacical game made with RMXP. Not sure how I got it, where its from, or its the same as SYA script...but if you really want to be look into it for you, PM me, and I'll chcek it out again wink.gif

-Tay
Ky the Black Cat
Would it be out of bounds for me to ask someone to PM me with a link to this Megaman translation of Tactics2 or 3? My own Googling was fruitless and the Hitpoints website is impossible for me to understand, what with menot being able to actually read any foreign languages.I'm more than happy to purchase the native copy, but I'd like something I can understand without taking a lousy correspondence course in Foreignese.

On the opther hand, if that's completely unallowed, then I'll just aplogise for my conduct, retract said statement. Then eat pie, because pie is tasty.
langknow
Hi would,

It be possible for you to provide a link pm of course of the hitpoints 3d tactical creater to me too.

Thanks man..
MegaDethKlok
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index....mp;#entry244760

Sorry if this is necro-posting, but I have something good to submit. This should help you out buddy! Also, if you have Vista, then read my solution at the bottom as it will make this work for you.

Apologies for necro-ing.
Vizzy
blink.gif HOLY CRAP!!!!!! The OP has the same photo as me. For a minute I thought I had posted this thread until I saw the date.
Hesufo
QUOTE (MegaDethKlok @ Nov 26 2008, 01:48 AM) *
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index....mp;#entry244760

Sorry if this is necro-posting, but I have something good to submit. This should help you out buddy! Also, if you have Vista, then read my solution at the bottom as it will make this work for you.

Apologies for necro-ing.

Dude, the OP hasn't posted in this topic since February. Do you really think he'd reply now or even see your post?

Seriously, if a thread dies it's because of something.
MegaDethKlok
Yes, but it can be rezzed if someone has something new/good to contribute. So I contributed. Actually, blame Google. It brought me to this thread. Anyways, opinions on this maker I mentioned?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.